Junior Accountant, Vietnam
WHO ARE WE
TotallyAwesome is the brands partner in a digital world. We are world’s most advanced forum for kids, teens and families, and brands to safely interact across thousands of apps, games, and websites. We enable a kids-safe ecosystem with more than 300 million monthly active users across APAC. We adhere to and support international governments’ most advanced regulations protecting kids’ data privacy. We do this through the deployment of bespoke technology designed specifically to offer kids contextual and customised content through age-appropriate engagement.
Its headquarter is in Singapore, with offices in Australia, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Philippines and Vietnam.
Job Overview: Junior Accountant’s main responsibilities are to support the Finance & Accounting team with daily operations and monthly financial reports. We’re looking for a young, dynamic and motivated candidate with basic accounting knowledge and eager to learn and grow in an international working environment.
How will YOU contribute to the Team?
– Manage and assist bank reconciliations in a cloud-based accounting software (Xero).
– Ensure the accuracy of AP invoices, input AP invoices into Xero, and control the outstanding invoices
– Control AR Aging, proactively communicate and take effective actions on long outstanding balances
– Check supplier contracts to ensure that key information such as the Company’s name and address, product/service information is accurate, amounts and details of the product/service match approved quotations/proposals
– Manage and control all Insertion Orders’ (IOs) preparation, electronic signing and fillings, follow up with appropriate parties on unsigned IOs
– Audit the existence and accuracy of monthly reimbursement expenses against the Company’s policies, and compile monthly reimbursement expense report
– Prepare vendor setup forms requested by clients, and submit to appropriate levels for approval before sending out
– Collect and properly file all supporting documents to journal entries including contracts, invoices, hand-over minutes
– Support and coordinate with other team members on monthly book closing, monthly management reports, and year end external audit
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Do YOU have what it takes to succeed?
– Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administrative, Accounting or Finance
– No previous experience is required, internship experience with similar tasks is preferred
– Strong written and spoken English, able to structure communications in English clearly, confidently and logically for daily work
– International exposure or mindset is a plus
– Comfortable working with Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel
– Detail-oriented, punctual
– Fast mover, takes the lead to get things done effectively, and loves solving problems
– Flexible, multi-tasking, willingness to learn and a can-do attitude
– Demonstrate strong analytical capabilities with an acute data-driven mindset
At TotallyAwesome, we work together to give everyone the power to share their story, explore what they love, and connect with one another in the process. In our culture, you are encouraged to:
- Be more AWESOME than you were yesterday
- Be BRAVE, experiment and share experiences
- Be AGILE, priorities tasks regularly to deliver outcomes
- Be ACCOUNTABLE to each other
Our people are at the heart of what we do at TotallyAwesome and the driving force behind our growth and success. We value our culture as the lifeblood of our business and work hard every day to maintain this as we continue to grow and scale our team. We believe in offering opportunities to learn and grow every day and we’ve got a strong track record in developing great people.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We review job applications without regard to their race, color, religion, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status.
Finally, we are a team of passionate experts. We are not just leading in this industry, we are defining it.
- You are a self-starter, independent and problem solver. You consider yourself a high-performance personality
- Understand what it means to deliver excellence.
- Good sense of humor and ability to stay calm under pressure.
- Well-organised with excellent communication and time management skills.
WHAT CAN WE OFFER YOU
- Our people are at the heart of what we do at TotallyAwesome and the driving force behind our growth and success.
- We value our culture as the lifeblood of our business and work hard every day to maintain this as we continue to grow and scale our team.
- We believe in offering opportunities to learn and grow every day and we’ve got a strong track record in developing great people.
- We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We review job applications without regard to their race, color, religion, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status.
- Hands-on experience working with the leading kids & family brands across Australia & New Zealand bringing to life some of the most innovative and engaging digital experiences for our audiences.
- Birthday days off!
- Finish early Fridays!
- Social work environment
- Flexible working arrangements
- Mentorship programs
- Remote working support across APAC markets
- Finally, we are a team of passionate experts. We are not just leading in this industry, we are defining it.